Driver for Wipro LQ 540

Discussion in 'hardware' started by pinso, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

-Hello folks, recently i salvaged an old Wipro LQ540 Dotmatrix printer . And one of its Bootable setup.exe Floopy went missing. i googled for this Driver and searched and couldn't find one.
    I have connected the Power cable and the cable that goes to Parallel port: yet XP doesn't recognise the Printer, i dont know what do i take from this: the Printer Head seems to move when power is on.
    i m assuming that this Printer is only recognised after installing the Drivers, or else i would like to repair it or best throw it.

Can someone know any place i can download this Driver.Any help/suggestion welcomed. :doubt:

Many Thanks:

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

pinso, two possible solutions, if they are applicable to your printer:

-http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=34197-

-http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=51993&vforum=0c1747d15- (first quoted Code link is a zip file download - Caveat Emptor!)

3. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Thank u for Re-directing, strange the Drivers doesn't h' any exe files,,,,but i got it installed and yet it doesn't recognise the printer.
    Given it for repair lets see how it turns up.....

Got to love those Dot matrix printers....no worry about ink being depleted. :)

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

pinso, you're welcome! It was worth a try. Let's us know how the issue is resolved. Take care.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Even manually installed "Generic" line or generic 9 pin doesn't work?

Or if you go to install manually, and select "have disk"..and browse to the folder where you downloaded those files that weren't in .exe format.

A quick Google for those drivers yields lots of sites to pull it from..naturally....be wise.

May have to kick down your Parallel Port LPT1 settings...from ECP/EPP to SPP/Normal/Standard...which is much slower...but those prehistoric legacy printers need the slow port settings.

6. pinso

pinso Registered Member

well it wasn't a hardware failure at all. As the Repairman himself said, since it was a LPT printer, it would only be detected after installing the Drivers.
    My previous Drivers was for Win2000 or Xp i.e, Wipro LQ-1050+DX v5 ( i guess). But in the process i got v6 which is compatible for XP,VISTA and W7.
    It installed smoothly n printer is working, i wouldn't h' known: it was entirely Drivers fault, so thanks to that Repairman as well .

Thank u JRViejo once again for Redirecting.

Many thanks :)

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

pinso, glad to hear that the printer is working and thanks for posting your results! Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.