Drive letter change Windows 8

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by xGambitx, Nov 11, 2013.

1. xGambitx

xGambitx Registered Member

Hi All

Okay had a problem with Windows 8 so used Paragon to restore the backup but now Windows OS has been assigned Drive letter F according to the Paragon boot disc software and all the windows files are present there. How can I change the drive letter back to C? And C has been assigned to another disc partion which is obviously not bootable because when I turn on the laptop a message comes up "NO BOOTABLE DISC FOUND. I assume the MBR is looking at C and not F. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Just to clarify the drive letters in the recovery media are completely irrelevant. The recovery environment simply recognizes partitions and assigns drive letters. Please clarify what version of Windows 8 you are working with, as well as what version of Paragon Software you are using. Then please clarify in detail what you are attempting to accomplish.

3. xGambitx

xGambitx Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Windows 8.1 and Paragon 12 as supplied with the Fix-it utilities disc set.

I used Paragon 12 to completely back-up my hard drive and then had a problem with some software I downloaded which appeared to have wiped out all system restore points. I used Fix-it utilities system restore and then Windows wouldn't start so I used my Paragon back up to restore disc image. Windows tried to start up and went into self diagnostic mode but with no windows system restore point it was unable to fix the problem. Following that the initial screen says (precisely) NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND. PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT MACHINE

If I press f12 at boot up and change boot to UEFI BOOT instead of LEGACY BOOT I get a different outcome with Error code 0xc0000034

As I say using Paragon 12 boot disc all the Windows files are there but of course I don't know much about the system files required to start Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

4. Paragon_Chris

Paragon_Chris Paragon Moderator

Paragon does not support Windows 8.1 at this time. Many things including the boot process have been broken with the recent Windows upgrade. Development is working on releasing version 14 which will be fully compatible with Windows 8.1 and should be released any day now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.