Drive Copy 10 Personal se

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by peak4, Dec 3, 2013.

1. peak4

peak4 Registered Member

Hope this is the correct forum for this product

My query is as follows;

I'm currently running a single boot XP SP3 desktop system, with a partitioned 1TB RAID-1 two disk array (this is mirrored rather than striped). This needs nVidia drivers to be seen by XP as it's a software RAID.

I'd like to end up with a dual boot XP/Win7 system; I have a spare partition on the RAID array which I have ready for use, but was wondering about adding a 240Gig SSD, partitioned in half and migrating the XP partition from the RAID-1 array onto it first using a copy of "Drive Copy 10 Personal se" which I already have installed (from Giveaway of the Day some time ago).

I could then add WIN7 to the second SSD partition.

Does anyone know how Drive Copy will cope with this please? I wouldn't want the migrated XP (now on SSD) to fail to see all my data, which would of course still be resident on other partitions on the RAID-1 array.

The reason for doing it this was would be to get the operating system off the RAID array as it seems quite difficult to restore after a major system crash.
    I have a long thread on the Avast forum about that one :oops:

P.S. I would happily invest in a later version id that will definitely do the trick.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Yes Drive copy has the ability to deal with dual boot systems.

3. peak4

peak4 Registered Member

Thanks Matt, but how about the RAID 1 aspect? Will the re-located copy of XP recognise the other partitions on the software RAID-1 disk that it used to be on?

Also is the process reversible if the re-located XP doesn't load the RAID drivers and thus recognise the RAID array?
    I presume the drivers are referred to in the MBR as they must load before XP in order for it to see the array.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.