Drive Backup Server 10 - errors 0x1200e and 0x12016

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by chillburgh, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chillburgh

chillburgh Registered Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I have a stand-alone Windows Server 2003 32bit box. It has a 1TB SATA drive partitioned into C: and D: drives. I am attempting to create an image of C: and store it on D: I am using Drive Backup Server 10 to accomplish this.

The drive is new, with a fresh install of the OS. I wish to image it before I load all sorts of crap on it in case I need to return to a fresh state.

When I use VSS I receive error 0x12016. When I switch to Paragon Hot Backup I receive error 0x1200e.

In an attempt to remedy this I have:
    - ran 'chkdsk c: /r' multiple times
    - ran Paragon's built-in surface scan
    - ran Samsung's ES-Tool surface scan

Attached is a screencap of Paragon when it fails. It ALWAYS fails at 9% complete, whether VSS or Paragon Hot Backup is being used.

I downloaded a copy of Active@ Disk Image and it appears to create the backup without issue. But I'd rather run Paragon since I have used their other software products before with good success.

The one point that I wanted to note is that I am executing Paragon Drive Backup Server 10 as Administrator from a Terminal Services session, as the server is remote in a datacenter. I'm not sure if this would come into play with your software but I wanted to mention it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Mar 29, 2010
    These errors means that there are bad blocks on your HDD.
    Please use HDD vendor's utilities to find and repair bad blocks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.