Dr.Web® for Windows 4.33 realized

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AndreyKa, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 543543

543543 Guest

Screenshotso_O?

2. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

My first system scan with DrWeb 4.33 flagged 3 FP's, I knew one was a FP but The other two I moved to the infected!! folder pending further investigation. As it turns out, both were also FP's. Now, call me stupid, but how do I restore these files from the infected!! folder? This is a first for me with DrWeb and I cannot seem figure out how to restore the files other than manually moving them bsck to the original folder. I must be overlooking something simple.

3. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

I already have 1 FP's so far....But overall I like the new version of Dr.Web :)

Regards,

Brandon

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

is it better then avg?? also can someone explain settings to tick and untick etc..thanks MD o_O

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Seeing same problems here on several different machines, running XP Home and Pro.

But reboots do not solve these problems :oops: :oops:

6. maddawgz

Disable enhanced protection mode”
    do u have to do thato_O

also it keeps finding my giant how i stop that?
    C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe - probably infected with BACKDOOR.Trojan

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have left SG in default mode but I am seeing these very high CPU spikes irrespective of the enhanced mode setting :(

8. maddawgz

yes plus it hates my giant antispyware its going lol..wont play nice..even though i added it to exclude oh well :(

9. HERE4ADAY

HERE4ADAY Guest

Did you exclude the different serv.exe files individually. DrWEB 4.32 used to pick those up with Counterspy as probable trojans until the virus files were finally updated.

10. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Installed it yesterday, over the old version and all went smooth, but........when deleting large files, everything locks up and I suspect Dr. Web.
    When disabling the Doctor, everything is fine.
    I'm a bit worried......mailed Dr. Web to report this and just wait and see.

Not really happy when things go sour right away. I also find the performance a bit slower than 4.32. This version ran like oil and now things start f..... up and that bothers me. But, who knows.....maybe it's a small matter of something.

:eek: Putin

11. HERE4ADAY

HERE4ADAY Guest

I've noticed things running a bit slower too. Things may need a bit of fine tuning. Once this is done it will likely be a bell-weather program like all the others they have put out.

12. Benvan45

But what can you finetune? It is tuned for speed already.

;) Putin

13. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

So far DrWeb 4.33 is running smooth on my box as long as I do not uncheck enable enhanced protection mode, if I do, performance goes to nil & none.
    I do not notice any slowdown or cpu spikes. But there are many more FP's (8 so far) being found by 4.33. Never had a FP with 4.32b.
    I think it still needs some tuning up.

14. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Guest

According to this press release, v4.33 for Windows will be pushed out via automatic update to all users at the end of the first week of October. I assume they mean first week of October 2005. Virus base updates for v4.32b for Windows will no longer be available after this time. Here is the link to the press release:

http://info.drweb.com/show/2675

The enterprise version of 4.32 will receive virus base updates until February 2006.

If anyone from Dr.Web reviews this forum, I hope you will continue to provide virus base updates for v4.32b for Windows until the issues with v4.33 are resolved.

15. AndreyKa

AndreyKa Registered Member

Wait for several minutes. Is it OK?
    Spider Guard restarts engine and reloads the bases in this case.

Check "C:\Program Files\drweb\spidernt.log" file. It will have such strings:
    ---
    [Building list of running processes and modules]
    [Total 27 processes and 251 unique modules, 13 seconds]
    [Ready to scan loaded modules image files]
    ---
    Uncheck "Scan running programs and modules" to prevent it.

Did you try uncheck "Scan running programs and modules" for resolve this issue?

Pack all such files in ZIP and send through next page with FP comment.
    http://support.drweb.com/sendnew/

A week at least.

16. fredra

fredra Registered Member

I am finding this also... I will keep sending the files to them and see if the FP's are reduced, over time.
    I have changed the "actions" to "report" instead of "cure" and/or "quarrantine", for now, until these FP's are reduced.
    When it "reports" I will make a note of the location and send the file to them, instead of "quarrantine" and possibly crippling a legitimate application.
    On my PC, the Spider Guard "help" file does not function, I get this
    "Animates cards when you start a new game or deal a new row."
    Funny :D
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  17. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Same here too.

I still have not figured out how to restore a file from quarantine other than manually moving it back to the folder. Surely there is a restore feature in DrWeb. If not I am very disappointed. Am I missing something?

18. Benvan45

As a very happy Dr. Web user for a while, I've not read so many negative posts yet.......starting after the release of 4.33 and that does not make me happy. Even worse, I had to uninstall Dr. Web 4.33 completely in order to get my pc on the road again. When deleting large files, some exe......my pc completely jams!

I am very diasappointed as for now and will not re-install yet, until I get some feedback about these problems. I'll wait for some bugs to be fixed.
    Installed F-Prot 3.16C for now and see what happens.

;) Putin

19. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Don't think you are missing anything.
    Maybe Shorty or one of the other expert users of Dr Web will visit and be able to help you (and me) with that question.

Hi Putin
    Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.
    I am still testing and checking V 4.33, and I hope you come back to using the good doctor (as they keep saying).
    Cheers :)

20. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Concerning 4.33 I am like the firefly who got his tail chopped off -- *de-lighted, no end* :)

I do feel a bit left out, however, because I am having none of the problems mentioned here. On my computer, 4.33 is running smooth as a new BMW.

21. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Hey bellgamin, mine is pretty smooth too, no real complaints, as a long time user, can you shed some light on restoring files from the infected!! folder? I have never had to quarantine anything with the good doctor, but the new version has generated FP's and I would like to know if there is a way to restore from the infected!! folder other than manually.

22. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

The new DrWeb 4.33 engine has about as big increase of heuristic detections as NOD had after the release of their Advanced Heuristics. Those 1016 infected ZIPPED samples collection that were dated after the McAfee DAT 4249, from the 24:th February 2003 to about six months ago now, DrWeb made it's newcoming. Here are some results with DrWeb 4.32b and 4.33 plus McAfee 5.0.00 engine and NOD 2.50.19 w AH when they used HEURISTICS ONLY (= no defs used).

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Attached Files:

23. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I'm sorry but I don't know. I have configured DRW to send infected files to a removable disk on my Iomega zip drive. The last time I had to reinstate a file (ages ago) I did it manually.

24. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Thank you bellgamin. I thought it was me missing something.

25. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Now I understand why DrWeb was not added those missed samples from Av-Comparatives.org test 02-2005 to their database. Maybe they had some more important things to do with their heuristics? :D

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.