Dr.Web adding more virus signatures

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Miyagi, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Dr.Web seems to have removed all the contents of this ticket. Going to the link gives an empty request with no comments or replies whatsoever. Why do you think this has happened? o_O

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Probably because it didn't do their reputation a lot of good.;)

3. Firecat

Its strange that a support engineer would post a statement without considering its ramifications on the company. If it has already been posted, why remove it?

BTW, the support engineer claims that Symantec took three months to get a detection and cure. I believe it was more like 3-4 weeks, right?

The ticket contents have been deleted in the last 12 hours only, as I remember seeing this ticket about 11 hours ago, complete with all comments.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Peter Ferrie having problems with fileinfector? ROFL, not in this lifetime :D

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

This whole mess has been blown out of all proportions in my view

Support tickets shouldn't be publicly accessible and this wasn't a support issue and to repost here was in my view just an attempt to inflame a situation & create a problem

I would hope Dr web will learn from this and password support submissions so only the submitter can then access it & the reply from support

What would happen if soemone had posted private information like credit card numbers etc on the support request

yes there were mistakes made by many companies in handling the polipos saga and there will be differences of opinions between virus analysts as to the correct way to detect & cure it

However I have not seen any antivirus able to cure/disinfect/ fix all polipos that it can detect in teh same manner that many Antiviruses detect & block L2M, purity scan and other adware/spyware/trojans but cannot fix them despite all their marketing hype

many AV's have a 100% detection rate on VB100 but that doesn't include disinfection or cure just detections

I agree the best way to prevent a problem is to stop it installing and an antivirus is good at that but many are woefully inadequate at removing existing problems

6. Firecat

I agree with you dvk01. I hope Dr.Web learned something from this. In my opinion, Dr.Web should not have even replied to the ticket, since it was not a technical support ticket at all but rather a question on the company's policies.

But what seems strange is that Dr.Web knows that anyone could see the ticket. Then why did they still reply? o_O

BTW I can confirm most vendors are now able to detect+clean Polip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.