Downloading Updates.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by captainhook, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainhook

captainhook Registered Member

Apologies if this has been already dealt with.

I downloaded the last update and loaded it, and it had almost finished loading when I got a Run-time error 5 message.
    Beneath it as you can see hopefully was a message stating invalid procedure call or argument.

I am running Windows XP, use Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster, and have not had any previous problems with the program.

Attached Files:

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi captainhook :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Your answer is here,

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

no.4 i believe. ;)

snowbound

3. captainhook

Thanks for your help Snowbound, but............

I start Spyware blaster again and it now tells me some files are corrupted, and asks me if I want to check for updates. Then Error reporting tells me Spyware blaster has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

Newbies eh, LOL. Any help appreciated, even if it is the phone number of the local nuthouse.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Might be a good idea to uninstall, then reinstall SpywareBlaster since the files are corrupt.

Make sure u uncheck all protection first if u decide to uninstall. Then do a search and make sure the file folder is gone also.

snowbound

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Actually, before you uninstall SpywareBlaster and then reinstall it, could you please send me a copy of the following files in your SpywareBlaster folder?

-sbdatabase.dtb
    -sbdatabase2.dtb
    -sbinfo.dtb
    -ckdatabase.dtb

Please send those files attached to an e-mail to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com

Then you can go ahead and reinstall the program, but I'd like to take a look at those files first. Thanks!

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. captainhook

Thanks Javacools.

E-mail sent, hope it helps you.

I will wait on your assessment before I remove and re-install Spyware Blaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.