Downloading Updates Using Dial-Up

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Eric Riddell, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Riddell

Eric Riddell Registered Member

Hi, folks
    I bought NOD32 today and I'm trying to update my NOD32 virus definitions on a dial-up connection and it shows about 1hr to complete the download (the download is about 10Mb). My internet connection occasionally trips off and the update download restarts from the beginning (it doesn't resume from where it left off). It's impossible to complete the download.

Is this normal for dial-up? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to do download the updates in stages?

Thanks.
    Eric

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    Nowadays, dialup connections are not very current... Even if you travel, you can now access the internet through wifi... Nevertheless, I understand that for some of us, dialup is still required... Effectively, the first update is longer than others (cache building) and it seems that update feature cannot resume/continue update. If connection is lost, you need to restart from the begining...

I think that could be a good suggestion to enhance update feature !
    Sorry, I cannot help you anymore because it seems that there is no possibility to update with another process (downloading manually virus database and binaries...).

Maybe, ESET support could bring you appropriate solution...

Regards

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Eric , did you download and install version 2 ? You need the newest version - 3.0 , which updates are much smaller than v2's
    More on www.eset.com/download section

4. Eric Riddell

Eric Riddell Registered Member

I'll have to check... My son downloaded a trial copy on his computer and transferred it with a flash drive to my computer and he helped me buy and activate it on my computer. I assume it is the latest version.

I have previously tried to contact my internet provider to find out why the dial-up connection is tripping off even when I'm using it, but they can't explain it. I use the internet so infrequently, it's really not worth paying for broadband.

Thanks, gentlemen.

Regards.
    Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.