Downloader.Purityscan.B

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Mord, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mord

Mord Registered Member

Ive recently recoverd from a bad spout of virus / spyware. But still have one last problem lurking. When i do a thorough virus scan with AVG it finds no traces of a virus or trojan. But now and again ill get this popup window.

http://www.puce123.force9.co.uk/images/misc/purityscan.gif

Ive run all the of standard spyware scanners, CWShredder etc but cant get rid of it.

Any ideas?

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mord,

Seems you have System Restore enabled. Disable it - read instructions over here > perform a ne full system scan > clean your system. Enable System Restore again and double check (perform another full system scan) to make sure.

Keep us posted ;)

regards.

paul

3. Paul Wilders

If needed: some detailed info and instructions can be found over here.

regards.

paul

4. Mord

Mord Registered Member

Id that but still no virus was detected when i turned it off, or after i turned it back on.

5. Paul Wilders

Let's move to plan B: see my last post above. Read the link provided and follow instructions provided.

regards.

paul

6. erniesailor

erniesailor Registered Member

7. I've currently got this Trojan. I use AVG as well. I've scanned through AVG and found that my file is known as rabs.exe (Not one of the ones mentioned). Is there something else for this type of file.... (As I've tried the methods given and none have worked)

Is there something else for this?

8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Infected User,

I am not sure what you mean when you ask "is there something else for this type of file?"

Where is AVG saying the infected file is located?

You can also follow ALL the instructions, and each step in this link, carefully:
    HOW TO? Read here about how to post your log!!

Then post your hijackthis log over in the appropriate forum:
    adware, spyware & hijack cleaning, but you will have to become a registered member to post over in that forum (please do not post a hijackthis log here in this thread).

Regards,

snap

9. Well, AVG popped up with a window like Mord's... except the file was:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\rabs.exe

I've run AVG, and it's found the file... but it can't delete it and it won't move it to the virus vault.

When I mean by that question, because this rabs.exe hasn't been mentioned on any of the sites (probably the reason why rs.exe was deleted, but not rabs...), is like if the rabs.exe causes the trojan/virus to perform any different actions, as I have not seen any of the sites with the same filename as mine.

I'll see if this adaware thing works. If I don't post again, it works...

Thanks for your help,
    Jono

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.