don't know a password

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mhansen74, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhansen74

mhansen74 Registered Member

my friend got 2 computers donated to her school and they already had enough so she gave them to me, she said they are all cleaned up there should be no problem with them. Of course they are both password protected, i called her and told her and the soonest she can get ahold of the previous owners is monday when she goes back to work but i am being impatient, is there anyway i can get around the passwords?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    im assuming just standard alone computers with windows user passwords?
    if its windows xp you can login to the administrator account in safe mode and then delete the passwords on the accounts. then reboot and login as normal.

to enter safe mode if you dont already know is to keep pressing F8 at startup until a menu comes up. once it appears scroll down to safe mode and press enter and then wait until it loads and then find the user accounts in control panel.

if the above isnt true we will need more details to find you a solution.

3. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

SCHOOL CORRUPTION!! jp. the OP did not say he has the administrator pass.
    And if someone already have the admin pass, why would he(/she) need to go to safe mode?

4. mhansen74

mhansen74 Registered Member

Thank you both for your responses, however, so far I still cannot get into the pc. I tried the admin, and it told me the blue wav domain no longer exists, probably because blue wav cleaned out the pc. I contacted blue wav, and no one knew there knew the p/w, they just always hit enter at the login screen. They said they would try and find out anything they could, but looking for a p/w used by a girl by the name of Kim wasn't going to be at the top of their list of things to be done, so I may not ever hear from them :doubt: .

Thank you for anything you can do to help me.

Michelle

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Barring a BIOS passwd, go with this Michelle - http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html The only additional thing you'll probably need to address is setting the boot order in BIOS .... a key combination that should present itself during the boot screen.

S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.