Donated Pre-Version 3.0 - Can I get Autoupdate?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jet Black, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Black

Jet Black Registered Member

Just a simple question. I was impressed with Spywareblaster back before version 3 and donated money to ensure that the devs could keep things going.

I'm just wondering if that pre-version 3.0 donation entitles me to an autoupdate subscription, or if I have to donate again.

Thanks!

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi Jet Black, and welcome,

This was already discussed elsewhere -- while your donation was certainly appreciated, I'm sure, donations are totally unrelated to the auto-update subscription. Think of the latter more as a (quite nominal) fee for what's essentially a premium service, an unnecessary but often useful optional extra for SB.

Best,
    Mike

3. Jet Black

Jet Black Registered Member

I did a quick search on the topic but didn't come up with any hits - thats why I posted :)

Thanks for the info - I don't have a problem paying for the autoupdate feature, just wasn't sure if I was entitled because of past donation or not.

:)

4. MikeBCda

Totally forgot something my first time around, what else is new? :oops: ;)

Your donation was almost certainly to Wilders, in appreciation for and to help support the forums here. Wilders is unrelated to Javacool except in the sense of being kind enough to host forum facilities for Javacool and others.

And unless I missed something somewhere, the auto-update subscription fee goes directly to Javacool since updates (and of course the program itself) are from the JC site, not here.

Best,
    Mike

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually Mike, it is far more likely that the previous donation mentioned was via paypal at the Javacool page or via link within the product, and all of those would go directly to Javacool.

6. MikeBCda

Thanks, LWM, I stand -- or sit -- corrected. Now that I think about it, there is a donation link in SB 3.1, and I guess there likely was one in previous versions too. And I haven't looked at the site in ages -- virtually all contact with JC was through the forums here, which is of course why they're here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.