Don Pelotas And Others...Kapersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Anniel, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anniel

Anniel Registered Member

I have just purchased System mechanic Professional 5 as it gave me Kapersky Personal and Kapersky Anti Hacker with it.

The installation seemsed to go OK, but when I got to the part where I was trying to install the firewall which is part of the Iolo package , it was unable to transfer the firewall registration key and I got a message to uninstall and reinstall.

I did this, but still no joy with the firewall registration key.

The AV seems to be working OK and the AntiHacker also seems OK.

I rebooted as instructed but I have now got the following message twice:

" Windows-Delayed write failed.

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file: C:\Windows\system 32\drivers\pxfsf.sys:KAVICHS.The data has been lost"

I have done a scannow, but nothing came up.

I really do not know what to do. I have XP home and my PC has been running fine.

I did have Avast AV and ZoneAlarm firewall, which I uninstalled before installing Kapersky.

I am now worried that the Kapersky AV and anti hacker are insufficient protection without a firewall.

I deliberately bought the CD Rom version of System Mechanic, rather than just the download. I am really disappointed and wonder if anyone can advise me what to do about the above error and whether it is critically important.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Anniel,

It's important from the viewpoint this condition left unresolved can cause file corruption. There's a brief article here that touches only a small aspect of the problem you're experiencing. I have a feeling someone far more savvy than myself will step in with focused advice, possibly needing more information such as if this is sp2 we're addressing, computer manuf. and so on. You can touch base on a few items by right clicking MY Computer, Properties, Device Manager, Disk Drive (from the expanded menu) and then Properties again. Also have a look in the Event Viewer to find the exact error message. Many variables can cause the problem you've outlined.

Please wait for more definitive instructions as there are some very sharp individuals on this forum. Best to you. :)

GF

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Do you have Prevx running on your system? If so, is it set with it default configuration to protect system files? If so, are your running KAV 5.0 Personal or Pro with iStreams turned on?

I wouldn't worry about any malware however, there may be a conflict between what Prevx is trying to do (protect system files) and what KAV is trying to do (update the ADS for the file). I don't think any real data has been lost.

Rich

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Anniel

Try to uinstall Antihacker and then run the AntiHacker-removaltool: http://www.ice-kav.com/downloads/util/KAH_Rem.zip then do a new install and if it helps. :)
    Antihacker is a firewall. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.