Doesn't work with WinXP SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mquinnrad, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mquinnrad

mquinnrad Guest

Acronic True Image 8 doesn't work with Win XP SP2

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

That probably explains my problem trying to run TI8 on SP2 (fwiw, my boot drive is a SATA formatted to NTFS). Ever since updating WinXP to SP2, whenever I try to run TI8, I get...

Error E000101F4 - Acronis True Image Has Not Found Any Hard Drives

I reported this problem to Acronis Support last week, but so far I haven't even received so much as an acknowledement from them (what kind of support is that?)! :mad:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  3. riechert

riechert Registered Member

I can say that I have used TI8 to verify the images I made before installing SP2.

4. Sheki

Sheki Guest

According to customer support, TI8 does support SP2. Here's an e-mail I received. I have not verified it myself yet...

Dear Sheki,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 8.0 supports Windows XP SP-2.

We suggest you to use the trial versions of Acronis products from: http://www.acronis.com/download/ to be completely sure that it works fine on your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Belinsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

5. Luminous

Luminous Registered Member

I've run TI8 on 3 different XP Pro SP2 machines without any problems. My problem is that I am having a real hassle recovering an image that I made....see my other posts....

6. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Not to diminsh your problem (if it won't restore, what good is it?), I've d/l and installed a fresh copy and I'm still experiencing the same error message! So if the problem isn't an SP2 compatibility issue, then perhaps it doesn't see my SATA drives. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.