Does your ISP do virus filtering?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by spy1, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Mine (Comporium) does - and a pretty good job of it, actually. (That's the reason I have only one AV program on the computer itself). Pete

Attached Files:

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

They were all W32/Netsky.p@MM and the detection's were by McAfee. Pete

3. root

root Registered Member

My ISP is a very small outfit in rural Missouri, yet he has the best AV protection that can be offered. KAV. :D :D :D

I never get a chance to see those squiggly little worms or anything else really. Just get emails.

BTW How you doing buddy?

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I've almost got to assume that the answer is 'yes' as I've yet to receive an infected email ... but I'll be contacting them later to verify this now that the question has been raised.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

My isp is pioneer, A subsidiary of pioneer telephone. They do scan their pop3 mail with mcafee. ;)

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

My ISP offers it as an option. The first year €5 per mailbox, after thet €20 per mailbox. I dont use it.
    They also offering Spamfilters for free.

Greetings,

Gerard

7. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I have a couple of email addresses taht are virus filtered.

one uses NAV and the other uses mcaffee

I frequently have emails sent to both addresses taht still have infected contents get through, but NOD detects and stops them

less gets through the NAV one than the mcaffee one though, but any ISP server level protection is only as good as how often the isp updates and many are not very quick at updating,

8. sig

sig Registered Member

My dial up ISP does have virus filtering of email as a free option. My broadband ISP (Comcast) doesn't. It should IMO.

9. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

mine does, I use ZEN internet in the uk, they only do it for leased lines tho (businesses only) but then again we have an AV on our gateway server (Linux) and on our mail server both of which face the internet directley, we also use desktop scanners should anything slip past, which it invariably does.

10. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Hi
    Bob according to their web site zen do provide anti-virus filtering for home users(broadband),we have not long ago had our exchange activated,and as these are a locally based ISP they are at the top of my list of choices I'm going to contact them tommorow to get confirmation if the do or don't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.