Does TrueImage v8.0.937 support Promise SATA300 TX2plus PCI Controller Card

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rick7, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Does TrueImage v8.0.937 work okay with the Promise SATA300 TX2plus PCI Controller Card?

I aksed because I want to buy one and noticed a review in the list there mentioned it doesnt.

if needed: Link

thanks

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick7,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Unfortunately we do not have any information related to the compatibility of Acronis True Image 8.0 and SATA300 TX2plus PCI Controller Card. At the same time we can say that mentioned device is in the list of hardware Acronis True Image 11.0 Home supports. Somehow or others in case you decide to upgrade to Acronis True Image 11.0 Home we would recommend you to test mentioned device with the trial version of the program (if you have such an ability) to be sure it is recognized correctly under Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Thank you for your reply Nikita,

Short of me having to buy it, how can I figure out if my v8 of TrueImage will work with that SATA300 TX2plus PCI Controller Card? Isn't there someone somewhere that has tried it? I searched google to see if I could find something but there are so many un-related hits that I get lost in the search engines responses.

I use a different promise PATA 133 controller card now and it works flawlessly.
    Is there someone somewhere who knows if the Promise SATA 300 TX2plus PCI Controller Card will work with my v8 of TI without having me upgrade to v11? I really like the simplicity of v8 a real lot and it's my favorite version and has a Much smaller footprint and easier GUI, than the big 140 mb v11...

does anyone know please?

thank you.

4. ssorg

ssorg Registered Member

I'm using the Promise SataII150 TX2 Plus at my office with a WD Raptor successfully with TI 10. At home on my nForce2 box I'm using the Promise Sata300 TX4 with a WD2500AAKS, again with excellent results. The Sata300 TX4 replaced a Silicon Image 3124 controller that gave me nothing but corrupt archives. I would avoid Silicon Image like the plague.

From what I can tell the Sata300 TX2 Plus uses the same driver as the SataII150 TX2 Plus and the Sata300 TX4.

I'd go for it.

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I recently purchased a PNY PCI Sata Controller card for my XP Pro system.
    This adds two SATA connectors to your PC. The connecters can be either internal or external or a mix of both.

Installation was easy via a provided CD.
    Controller seen by the BIOS is a part of the bootup.

I have used it as a connector for my external ESata Seagate drive. It has raid capabilities but I have not used them.

The drive is seen by Acronis 8, build 937; and version 9, build 3666; Version 10, build 4942

PNY-2-Channel SATA II RAID PCI Card-P-DSA150-PCI-RF

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8552327&st=pci to sata&type=product&id=1188562133392

6. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Thanks ssorg and GroverH for your replies and suggestions.
    I need to use this particular promise SATA300 TX2plus Controller Card and so getting any other is not an option, but it's good to know about the one you use Grover. Sorg you're using TI v10 not v8, and that's what I want to know about since v8 is what I have and want to use but it's good to know your v10 see's it. Thanks for your replies.

Reading for a few hours yesterday I saw many of the posts about this issue already, and many have tried the combination of the Acronis supplied PE Builder v3 plugin along with the BartPE Plugin.... It seems I would use them to make my bootable CD and it puts the necessary drivers on it to recognize many SATA devices like the PCI controller card, but what I don't know is if it will specifically let my v8 identify my promise SATA300 TX2plus. I wish I knew for sure about that and is why I posted. I bought two TX2plus along with two ST3750330AS HD's for two computer setups, and I would like to make it work with v8 - if possible.

Nikita, where is the link where can I view the list of devices shown that supports v11 which you spoke of? Is there a link for v9 & 10 also?

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Rick7,
    I have version 10, 4942 installed. However, for your post, I did bootup using trhe TI Rescue CD from v8 build 937; and version 9 and both Rescue CD's did see the eSata external drive which is connected to the external port of the PCI controller card. I could have performed backups from each if I had wanted to.

8. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Grover,

That's great, the only thing is you're using the PNY and I have to use this Promise TX2, and so we have an unknown here.

You give me hope though since yours is seen that maybe mine will also be seen too?

I will find out by the end of the week when I change hardwares.

(btw your PNY is a really good price isn't it)
    (with my promise though besides two SATA 3 GB/s ports is also has a PATA 133 port aboard also which is helpful for me to trasfer from PATA drives to my SATA; and since my HD is 3 GB/s I also need my PCI card to be the same too)

9. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Nikita,

Where is the link where can I view the list of devices that supports v11 which you spoke of?

Is there a link for v8, v9 & v10 also?

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick7,

Many thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately the list list of hardware Acronis True Image 11.0 Home supports is available for Development Team only. At the same time we can always tell you whether the devices you are interested in are in the list. As for the similar lists for the previous versions of the application, sorry to say, I do not have any information about them.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.