Does real-time file system scanning affect performance?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by thegreatoutlaw, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatoutlaw

thegreatoutlaw Registered Member

I excluded scanning from all my games and defragger. I also excluded a few files that didn't seem relevant to being scanned repeatedly.

Is that a safe practice? Does real-time scanning affect performance?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It can do, on occasion, hence the need for exclusion from scanning. What other files did you exclude.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Excluding any files is not safe. For instance, those files might get infected with a virus and no protection module would report the infection then. If there's a performance problem while scanning certain files, it's better to solve it with the help of Customer care than by excluding the files.

4. stanr

stanr Registered Member

ESET seems to be the lightest on performance of any I've tried. In fact it's the only one that doesn't bring my older XP machine to it's knees.

I don't even know it's there on the windows 7 machine.

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

yeah, that's been the case with ESS on my little AMD Neo powered netbook (1.2GHz single core) - it's the only product i've used on that little guy that doesn't slow its boot time to a crawl or otherwise seriously negatively impact its already sad performance, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.