Does NOD32 work w/Thundermail Client 0.1?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by radicalb21, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radicalb21

radicalb21 Registered Member

o_O Does NOD32v2 work with Thundermail Client 0.1? This is based on mozilla email client. Thundermail is an updated version of mozilla email client with a simpler easy to understand gui interface. This was realeased at the same time as mozilla firebird version 0.6.1. I know anything is better then outlook or outlook express as their are constant security issues with both. Any idea what should be ran with nod32 v2 as an email client other then the standard. Any and all help would be appreciated

2. sig

sig Registered Member

I'm trying out Poco Mail at the moment without any problems and when I started using Poco IMON just scanned the incoming email as usual. Nothing to set up unlike the previous Pop proxy scanner.

Guess all one needs to know to use NOD's email scanner is, is it a MAPI client that requires EMON to scan email or a Pop 3 client that IMON works with.

I haven't used Mozilla's or Thunderbird's email clients with NOD but theoretcally I don't see why they wouldn't work.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Yes it does. I used Thundermail with NOD for about two months with no problems at all. I since went back to Mozilla though.

4. Phazor

Phazor Registered Member

Im currently trying thunderbird mail client, and still using nod v1, can someone tell me if ver1 pop3 works with thunderbird and if so how do i set it up to scan my incoming mail?

Thanks

5. sig

sig Registered Member

You should check and see if the NOD 1 POP 3 scanner manual is still at the ESET site and download it. (It's not a big document and I can't recall for sure but it may be a pdf doc.) That should have instructions for setting up an email client. Of course, Thundermail is new, but if it's similar enough in set up to other POP 3 email apps I imagine it should work.

I didn't care for NOD 1's scanner and didn't use it so I don't recall all the details. But it does need to be set up in your email client to act as a proxy for your incoming mail as I recall. Since ESET will drop support for NOD 1 in a couple months or so, you may consider upgrading to version 2.

Version 2's email scanner doesn't need to be set up as a proxy and you don't need to change any of your email client's settings and seems to work more elegantly than version 1's email scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.