Does my Kaspersky work both in and out Returnil?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by fuquen, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuquen

fuquen Registered Member

Have just purchased Kaspersky Internet Security
    This is what I plan to do:
    1.Disable the Virus Guard of the Rrturnil Virtual System
    2.Rrturnil Virtual System off
    3.Install Kaspersky
    4.Returnil on and System Safe on

Question
    By this way,can Kaspersky take the place of the Virus Guard ?

Thank you!

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi fuquen,
    As long as you make sure the RVS System Safe feature is deactivated, you should not have any issues installing and using KIS.

Mike

3. VanguardLH

VanguardLH Registered Member

Why does RVS' Safe Mode be disabled to *use* Kaspersky? I would think that once Safe Mode was enabled, Kaspersky (and any other anti-virus/malware program) would continue to function as designed. While the file i/o is getting virtualized, the anti-malware programs should still continue monitoring their creates and modifies along with any behavioral guards (heuristics) employed by that security program.

Why would enabling Safe Mode result in disabling, conflicting with, or otherwise interferring with the use of anti-virus/malware programs? Obviously there would be a problem in installing any software while Safe Mode were enabled (since that program would disappear after a reboot) but I don't see why a program installed in the non-virtualized state would no longer be used under the virtualized state.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

The caution is while installing or uninstalling RVS as other security programs can interfere with the process and cause either an improper install or uninstall. Once installed, RVS and KIS will get along and you shouldn't have any issues.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.