Does anyone here use or have experience of Maximizer CRM 7 Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tamba1, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamba1

tamba1 Registered Member

Hi I know this is an OLD piece of software but my fatherinlaw LOVES it and although he MAY be upgrading to Maximizer 9 or 10 soon, currently he is battling on with 7..

I have been trying to help him BUT according to the http://www.max.co.uk/ website ( 7 is no longer supported) I have tried surfing for info and although answered quite a few of his issues am struggling to find the answer to this problem...

When my FIl tries to open a new address book by going :-

File\open Aaddress Book the open address book window open BUT the only button not greyed out is the cancel button.. everything else is greyed out..

There is a also a problem creating a new address book

File/New Address Book/

Type the name of new address book

Click OK

a box appears saying the xxx dbase does not exist do you want maximizer to create it .So you say OK

Then see box saying do you wish to copy preferences , templates, user defined fields and macros to your new address book defaults to new address book appears

BUT Yes button is greyed out , only No is clickable and the drop down box copy files from is completely blank

So can only click on NO

then the blank Address Book window opens but there is no path or filename showing ..

Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this and make the greyed out buttons clickable..o_O/

Also does anyone know how maximizer SHOULD be copied from one PC to another .. My FIL said he copied the maximizer program from his Desktop running Win 95 to hi slaptop running Win XP pro.. (Is Maximizer 7 fully compatible with XP?)

Therefore his databses are sitting in the files within the program file.. So NOW his own databases can be found under c:/program files\maximizer\maxdata\AddrBks\name of his adress book

Not being a maximizer user I have no idea if this is the right way to do things, I would have thought his databases would be stored in his documents / or maybe C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data or something like that as opposed to the program files .. can someone please confirm

Many Thanks
    tamba1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.