Does anyone have custom settings?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by dja2k, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I noticed that well all entries in appdefend start with default, but do any of you have special settings for any windows program or any security program that should be changed from defualt. For instance I saw that I could kill tasks using the taskmanager and not notice it until I changed from defualt to ask user \ allow option.

dja2k

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi dja2k, As appdefend is in beta still, I guess Jason has used relatively loose rules, this makes sense to me as otherwise you could quite esily lock yourself out of your own system.
    I am sure as development progresses rules ill be tightened and user input will add to that knowledge.

Pilli :)

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks for the reply , I guess only time will tell. By the way, can anyone answer this question. To purchase ghost security suite's appdefend and regdefend, does someone has to purchase both regdefend and appdefend keys or will there be a one in all security suite later one for one price?

dja2k

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I was wondering that myself. There seems no way to get them as a one time purchase but I liked both so much I went ahead and bought them separately. If you register on their site you can get 15% off though...not bad...:eek: :D

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well how about going with each option. First off, do you allow explorer.exe to do a Process Modification? I noticed something today that was different or maybe just me, but do all control panel applets get re-routed using rundll32.exe or did one of my file associations get changed? - Don't remember seeing that many allowed rundll32.exe files on my appdefend list before. I guess I went and screwed something up then :rolleyes:

dja2k

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.