Does anyone actually use Countermail?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by cb474, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Countermail

Countermail Registered Member

All new messages that you delete before midnight, Swedish time GMT+1, will not be stored anywhere. If an email ends up in our backup it will be deleted within 7 days, since the backup is rotated after 7 days. All backups are always stored on encrypted disks.

2. anonimii

anonimii Registered Member

do you have a trial for anonymous domain email. i have this domain and i would want that the mails for the particular address in the domian be received through countermail.

3. I would ask people to do some research as to why Countermail uses JAVA. It is with good reason as it's much safer.

It's good they have explained their service on here, transparency is very important in relation to privacy and security. I applaud them for being honest.

4. sallyo

sallyo Registered Member

Countermail, your webpages are giving me a headache. Black background with white type is IMPOSSIBLE for some eyes to read. I have to copy and paste all your pages into a notepad to read them.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

It may be possible to impose your own font on pages. You might want to google that for your browser.

6. Countermail

Some people prefer white on black, anyway, we have already planned to do a new design, so it will be better.

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I've been wanting to try out Countermail, however their service(s) are not free correct?

8. Countermail

Correct, the first month is free.

Probably around 99% of all email providers logs IP-addresses in some form, so one problem for us, which don't log IPs, is the abuse. It would be almost impossible to run a service like this if we had a permanent free service.

9. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I'd use them if they'd hand out a few Free Accounts we've been talking about...

Still waiting... ;)

THANKS Countermail!

10. I actually want them to get rid of FREE ACCOUNTS. They are giving Countermail a bad name honestly. Let the steroid pushers, pharma spammers, and general lowlifes go to TORMAIL, right where they belong.

11. Countermail

Yes, this is a problem, soon we must either split up our users or disable Trial accounts. Perhaps one server & domain for Trial accounts and another domain for premium accounts. We have already registrated several domains for situations like this.

However, what DasFox suggests is coupon codes that we can give out to people that we feel is "worthy", or to people who needs it due to political abuse in their country. We are going to create such codes pretty soon.

At the moment it seems like some providers in China is blocking our service. If someone here can read/write chinese, please contact us so we can verify this.

12. Countermail please just get rid of the FREE ACCOUNTS for your sake. Otherwise I fear it will give your service a bad name and cause you problems, I bet it has all-ready. No need to offer a separate domain if you ask me, do you really want that type of business?

13. Countermail

It will never be possible to protect against abuse if you provide an anonymous service. You can still pay anonymously and abuse premium accounts.

Another example:
    A company that manufactures knives can not prevent that a small percentage of its buyers may use the knife for criminal activities. If they start to make their knives less sharp to avoid injuries, they will lose their customers. :)

14. Yes I see your point. Your service is greatly needed I hope Countermail is here to stay.

15. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

ComputerSaysNo, if you'd of been paying attention to all the conversations going on in the past over Countermail, this was just FREE accounts for those on this forum that have helped to promote Countermail here on Wilders is all...

I was never talking about Countermail opening up a Free account service.

Countermail in June mentioned passing out a few coupons is all...

Countermail, you forgot this too? :(

Digging back, I believe tobacco brought this up first in a joking manner;

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2031615&postcount=63

I found your reply Countermail;

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2046363&postcount=86

Here's where you mention giving out a few coupons here on the forum for some members;

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2066428&postcount=107

Sorry Countermail, don't mean to put you in any spot, I just try to help edcucate and promote good stuff here on the forum is all to help users...

Thanks again for your consideration for a few forum members here... :)

CHEERS

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  16. Sorry don't like it. Just sounds like members are too cheap to buy an account. I'll vouch for Countermail but I don't expect a free account.

17. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

As I said already this is a FEW free coupons for only a FEW people on this forum who have been here for MANY YEARS sharing and contributing...

Many members have given many years of help around here, free time no one has asked anything for, so cheap has nothing to do with it, and you just joined the fourum so this is something that doesn't concern or involve you...

I just posted in public since you opened your mouth going off about free accounts and you didn't have a clue as to what had happended in the past. It's best to know what's happening before going on about something you know nothing about...

CHEERS

18. Less

Less Registered Member

black friday and cyber monday discounts? :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.