Does anybody know??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LJM Master, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hi Evry1!!!

Now, I'm already aware, that's there a AVG Free Edition V7 (Beta) available, but the question is, can anybody give me the link, or actually tell me wen the final version of Grisoft's free software, will be released....??

Pleaze rely back with any help, if possible....thanks!!

cheers,
    LJM

P.S: I know that people say that Avast! Home Edition is much better than AVG Free Edition in overall detection rate, but my 2nd question is.....When the final AVG Free Edition V7 comes out, will that have improved detection rates, detections rates that will match or be better than Avast!'s??..Pleaze tell me if you know...thanks!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

You will have to register to download it. The beta appears to expire on 11/30/2004.

It is our pleasure to introduce the first BETA release of the completely new generation of AVG Free Edition.

Nick

3. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Well, would I have to un-install my current AVG 6 Free edition, then download this AVG free Edition V7 ('Final' Version), Or can I do an over-the-top download/installation of their software?? Pleaze Get back to me, with whatever u can....Thanks!!

Cheers!!
    LJM

4. TAP

TAP Registered Member

Hi,

If you see some test results such as VirusP you'll see that avast!4 is better than AVG7 but such that test doesn't represent the real-world-real-time abilities of an AV (actually, there're no tests can achieve this) and I don't say that test is useless, it just tells us something.

So what does overall detection rate mean? If avast!4 can detect more Zoo virus/worm/trojan/malware that are obsoleted and never circulating in the wild than AVG7, I don't think that avast!4 would be better than AVG7 in the real-world environment and this scenario also comes to NOD32 when people think about its overall detection rate. You can see other test that I think it almost useless here.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=182983&st=0

You should mainly focus on real-world threats such as ITW malware (malware that are circulating in the wild and do real threats to the people) and you'll see that AVG has improved its abilities in this field by pass that last Virus Bulletin's test (June 2004: Windows XP Professional) that should be fine. I believe that AVG7 Pro and AVG7 Free they both use the same resources (scan engine and virus signature).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.