Docscrubber: it's not really scrubbing

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sapperdeflabber, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapperdeflabber

sapperdeflabber Registered Member

Hi Javacool,

First of all: I've been a fan of you for quite some time. Great work, love it.

As to docscrubber: it's not actually scrubbing what it should scrub. I'm using XP PRO, Offixe XP (SP2 incl. all post-SP2 fixes), and have the "remove private information" enabled. So, there is not that much personal information contained in the document (as a scan by docscrubber illustrates). However, the total editing time and revision number could be scrubbed (as per the options in Docscrubber). Enabled it, had it scrub the document, looked at the document properties: editing time (37 min) and revision nr (11) still the same.

Regards,

Jos

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

This a known issue - the editing time and revision number are actually contained in various different portions of the document.

At the moment, Doc Scrubber can target those items when they are stored in the properties/summary section (seen by right-clicking on the file and choosing properties). The Statistics area of the document is not touched by the current version of Doc Scrubber - I'm currently testing whether or not removal from that section (for the items you mentioned above) is possible.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.