Doc Scrubber v1.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinJa Sword

NinJa Sword Registered Member

Well since I"m a n00b to this program, what exactly is it and what does it do? What is the purpose. Thanks for the responses.

2. Pastork

Pastork Registered Member

I use OpenOffice.org ( http://www.openoffice.org/ ), which will create Word documents. Will Doc Scrubber work with Word documents that are created with OOo? Also, do you plan to make a version of Doc Scrubber that will work with OOo documents?

Thanks for all the terrific work you do Javacool! and for keeping it free! :)

3. I downloaded your program DS, I would install it, but receive this:
    "Error D:\Program Files\Doc Scrubber\unins000.exe
    An error occurred while trying to read the source file: File not found.
    Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation."
    Of course I cancelled the installation! Bad program you made...

4. Connected to my last message this information: I did a second try to install your program and who writes on my surprise this time the error did not appeared! But it stays a bad program, because it does not work at all! I tested it, also with the overwrite option checked, but the only thing that changes with the file is a new date/timemark. The embarassing information inside the tested files stays were it is... I am ready to deinstall this useless program, only waiting some time for your reaction.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

]sliepuit@yahoo.c*m post was removed and is under review. Possible TOS violations.

May return, may not.

snowbound

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That post won't be returning. Given the profanity, bashing and accusations, there wouldn't be anything left if we edited it to conform to TOS.

However, so that the person's underlying point can be passed along, I'll rephrase it here...

They claimed that Doc Scrubber somehow wrecked their ADSL connection and caused damage to their ADSL modem, which they had to repair / replace at significant costs in both support calls and hardware. However, I'm afraid that we find that difficult to believe based upon what Doc Scrubber is. We believe something else must have been involved in all that.

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.