Do you use Macrium Reflect?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ams963, Jun 5, 2012.

?

Do you use Macrium Reflect!

1. Yes- the Pro version.

16.4%
  2. Yes- the Standard version.

3.6%
  3. Yes- the Free version.

27.3%
  4. Yes- had used it before and absolutely loved it.

9.1%
  5. No- don't like it(please specify reason).

10.9%
  6. No- had used it and not impressed.

16.4%
  7. No- it created problems during backup, restore, etc.

1.8%
  8. No- Never heard of it.

14.5%
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I use macrium free on my XP computers and Windows own imaging solution on the one Windows 7 computer I have.

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have used most solutions.

I tried macrium a number of years ago because it had a BartPE plugin. My method of restoration uses PE (currently win7rescue PE). I like the simplistic approach the free version uses.

I only use imaging for the OS, not data, so my images are small. Typically takes 3 minutes to restore and 3-5 minutes to create on max compression. A complete boot into PE, restore image, boot back to restored desktop is about 7 minutes for me. Thats fast enough lol.

I wanted to like Acronis and some others, but didn't. Until I need some features that others offer, I will stick with macrium.

Sul.

3. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

macrium has been reliable for me 5/1 times. the 1 time failure was because I manually specificed how big the image should be.
    besides that, i found macrium the be reliable and simple without extra bloat. most of all it's 64 bit native.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Don't dislike it really but I use Windows Imaging.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I also use Windows Imaging. I didn't vote as there was no option to specify that I don't use Reflect becuase of using another program.

I have had issues in the past with Acronis and Paragon backup software where they wouldn't restore an image from an exteranal hard drive with no errors. So am a bit nervous about relying on imaging software.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.