Do you use HitmanPro?

Discussion in 'polls' started by mrtnptrs, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Do you use HitmanPro

1. Yes, I have buyed the program

18.9%
  2. Yes, I use the 30-day trial

5.5%
  3. Yes, I use it only to scan for free

57.5%
  4. No, I am going to download it

2.4%
  5. No, I have used HitmanPro in the past

11.0%
  6. No, I never heard of it

1.6%
  7. No, I find it a bad application

3.1%
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Yeah, well....good luck with that.

I've written to erikloman, the resident Wilders Hitman Pro contact who is listed as "Developer".....TWICE.....within the past week asking about pricing and specials and so forth, and he has been in the forum after each message......and both times he hasn't bothered to respond to my message.

Normally I don't like to call someone out like this, but I find it rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful to ignore someone when they have made an effort on two separate occasions within a week to ask you a simple question. That's the sort of thing that makes me question if I really want to PAY for a product, and if I would even recommend it. If he has the time to even come here, then he has the time to take less than a minute to write a response to my questions.

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

This is probably not the kind of response you are going to be interested in, but I'll say anyway.
    You should cut the developer some slack on this one.
    Undoubtedly he has many, many tasks at hand, and is being pulled in many different directions. When that is the case, if it has ever happened to you, despite how much you want to get to everything, it is inevitable that something is going to fall through the cracks.
    At that point, an over-worked individual with too much on his or her plate has to make decisions on who gets his attention and who doesn't.
    I KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT AN IDEAL SITUATION, and that astute businesspeople should see to it that more employees are put on in order to handle all inquiries and support requests. But sometimes it just doesn't turn out that way.
    In such times, I try to yield to the busy person and give the benefit of the doubt. And it even helps if you make certain that you aren't taking it personal, because it's a very safe bet that he meant no offense in not getting back to you.
    Put it another way, I'm sure he was off somewhere tending to someone who needed his assistance in a worse way than you did.
    That would be my take on it, JRCATES. :)

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It is of no use to me. For the most part Malwarebytes is all I need.

4. erikloman

erikloman Developer

As a developer I am very busy with many tasks. I am not a support engineer. If you need quick replies then send an email to support@hitmanpro.com.

Non technical questions take longer for me to respond to because I need to query colleagues.

Also on October 31 and November 1st I was out of office attending InfoSecurity NL. After that I had a few days of vacation.

It does not happen to me often that I miss a message. All I can say is I do my best to respond as quick as I can.

5. JRCATES

And to your credit, you did respond the day after I had made my post (above).

Yes, I would have appreciated a response sooner....but I do appreciate the fact that you did eventually answer. Unfortunately, when relying on online electronic responses....when questions go unanswered over a period of time after there has been repeated attempts made to receive an answer, there are going to be unhappy people as a result.

I understand that you are and have been busy, and I do appreciate the fact that you eventually replied and answered my questions and concerns.

So thank you

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Can you save me the trouble/time and tell me what was the answer. :D

7. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Yes, I use it only to scan for free

8. JRCATES

Private message sent.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Thanks dude. :thumb: :D

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Aw? I want one too.:'(

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Lucky you.:D

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well to save you the time . . . the answer was there are no plans for any promos. :D

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thanks Dude.:D I'll keep this a secret. Nobody shall know this important bit of info. :rolleyes::argh:

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahahaha if you say so.
    BTW whats going on with your avatar changing every day, it's changing faster than AV updates! :D

15. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

LOL. I'm gonna settle down with this one. I love the running moose. :D

16. JRCATES

Since I essentially blasted the developer for not responding to my private message(s - plural).....in a timely fashion, I figured I'd cut him some slack and not go public with the fact that they don't offer any "lifetime license" promotions, or that renewal costs are the same as the initial price. I figured maybe he might share that bit of information himself if he chose to do so, but considering it's not a matter of international security or anything, I suppose I'm well within my rights to share that info via this forum.

17. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Oh I see. :)

18. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I use it to as a final step in Malware Cleaning of an Infected PC.

19. guest

guest Guest

No, I have used HitmanPro in the past.

20. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Yes, the paid version.One of the best security products imo :thumb:

21. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Never needed to remove anything on my computer, so scan for free.

22. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

All I can say is that I recently had a significant issue un-installing the free version from my computer. I almost had to fall back to a month old image due to issues shutting down and re-booting after un-installing HMP. I did end up having to boot into safe mode and do a bunch of clean-up. For me, HMP free did not like coming off my computer....

23. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Recently used it as an assistant (alongside MBAM) to identify some PUP on a relative's system. He managed to keep his PC malware-free but not PUP-free unfortunately.

24. niki

niki Registered Member

I'm using the free scan until HitmanPro catches something which so far it hasn't done.

25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Still did a good job compared to my friends and relatives. Full of malware!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.