Do you think u have this problem ??

Discussion in 'polls' started by nikanthpromod, Jan 6, 2010.

?

Do u think u have this problem??

1. Im Addicted to Internet:'(

35 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Im Not Addicted to Internet;)

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. I dont Know:doubt:

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

2. guest

guest Guest

I don't consider myself addicted, because I have an on-going real life and, in average, I don't stay more than 5 hours daily on PC (except in some weekends and vacations when I have nothing better to do).

BTW, I'm not sure that this "internet addicition disorder" really exists. I think I'm more inclining to agree with the opinion that:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i spend a lot of hrs in front of this computer for no reason.
    I think Im addicted to internet.:doubt:
    But i want to change myself.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  4. icr

icr Registered Member

Man one is addicted to net or not is quite not a big deal. Everyone has some sort of addiction;)

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Not addicted. On the contrary, I would open a reflection about HOW Internet promotes human relationships that would be not so easy in the real life: I have some friend who lives abroad and far from I live, and Internet gives to us the possibility to share our feelings, ideas, moods... photos... etc in real time, much better and deeply than the traditional phone call. :)

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

You know you are addicted if you have more virtual friends than real ones :D

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I am addicted to the Internet to a point. I have more virtual friends than real ones, but I have less virtual friends than work friends. That is because I go to work and when I come home I watch TV then go to sleep. When I wake up I go to work. Work friends are not really what I would call friends in the true sense of the word. The Internet Kills the pain of real life through :D

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I am not addicted, I use PC only when I am at home, but I could live without it, the problem is, present just does not allow it, in fact it will be only "worse". :)

What is kind of funny and sad as well, that the most people consider it to be a problem, especially in China, where they brutally force children to be "cured". I ask why? Since when they return home, they have to use internet again?! Internet is like a bread, you can not live without it today. I do everything on the internet, watching movies (cinemas just suck), internet banking like paying bills, buying clothes or other stuff, except food, because it is not available yet. The idea of internet is to help people socialize more and increase their freetime for other activities, like I do not waste houres buying anything out, when I can do it mins.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I may be addicted :D

10. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I probably am addicted although I am not admitting to it.

11. progress

progress Guest

I don't know :doubt:

12. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I am definitely addicted but I don't mind it.And I would call it one of the best sort of addiction.
    I've learned a lot of good things over the last few years.

13. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Not addicted.

Addiction is a dependence on a behavior that a person is powerless to stop.

I stop to go to the bathroom, I stop to eat, I stop to sleep. :)

14. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

yes but is all good always online at my PC and cell phone

15. ameyap

ameyap Registered Member

not addicted even though i spend a lot of time there.

16. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

I am definitely not a maniac . Although I use them on daily bases , work with them a lot , I do prefer not to . Day1 to Day3 without Internet or computer would be some trouble , but Day4 - no problem , I'll be used to no-PC reality

17. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

I will only speak in front of my lawyer :isay:

I'm for sure Addicted, that's why from time to time I need to stay away from computers and the web, and I really do it.

18. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

I'm honestly getting annoyed and fed up with this topic being brought up all the time on the news and such. They even have Internet Addiction Bootcamps. It's just retarded.

19. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I don't know what really defines addiction to anything. I'm certainly dependent on the Internet as my source of information. An information addict would probably be a better label for my personality.

The rare times I lost the Internet connection due to computer/provider problems made me feel tetchy and anxious. I don't play computer games at all hence I can imagine that Internet exposure could be very negative depending on how much of one thing one does online. I had to intervene and limit the amount of gaming hours per week to my son, as it was definitely affecting his school performance.

I do see the Internet as a great invention with more positive than negative aspects.

20. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

Nope. As soon as the weather's nice I'll be outside fishing, planting, and enjoying a few brews while pickin' a little guitar. This is a winter sport for me.:D

21. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I'm sure that many of us are looking forward to that nice weather. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.