Do you have any real programmers at Acronis?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gue_st, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gue_st

gue_st Guest

As I already wrote in the deleted thread ==>

Since I first used Acronis True Image(version 7.0, build 572), bootable rescue media on my Toshiba 5205-S703 laptop will give an error message, something like "ochi1394_0: Runaway loop while stopping...", After 5 such errors, computer will finally boot.
    Any later version will give the same error, but in infinitive loop and computer will never boot up. There were variations with screen filling up with messages, or just freezing, even 9.0 just freezes when loading drivers.

Of course, I was cntacting support, have discussed, sent different logs and photos of the screen, tried different versions they sent to me BUT without any positive result. 7.0 build 572 remains the only version that works SOMEHOW.

There certainly are some other softwares with boot cd's that can boot up properly on this same computer with all the hardware support -removed unnecessary comments - if you have a support question, then ask it but leave the sarcasm out - snap

And, finally, if one failed driver can cause crashes, infinite loop or something like that, it badly reminds .... come on, it is already 3 versions with the same problem, isn't it a good time for some kind of strange feeling?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2005
  2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

3. gue_st

gue_st Guest

Re: But maybe not ?

Even if there is a problem with Toshiba, should software crash or show infinite number of error messages? If anybody is in doubt, there are plenty of books about programming out there, with clear explanation how to write software properly.
    I am not actually complaining, or much worried about 1394 not working on one particular computer. What I am complaining about is that there are such NEWBIE errors in software you have to pay for.
    Finally, you see - whatever was the problem with Toshiba 5205, it is a valid computer, it is possible to make a boot disk that loads drivers - including 13494. There are plenty of examples available.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

If the Toshiba chipset does not work with the latest linux kernels, there may be a similar problem with the TI software.

Hopefully this will put either you or Acronis on the right track.

I just lost interest for some reason.:doubt:

5. gue_st

gue_st Guest

I don't know about putting me on the right track. It would be of course necessary if I sold software which didn't work.
    First, that is not Toshiba but Intel chipset.
    Second, five error messages with same text is far enough. After that, you can go on with what is supported, just like in build 572. Simple?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gue_st,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please tell us the case # of your support request our technical support team?

Could you please also describe the problems you've experienced with Acronis True Image 9.0 in more details?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Fedotov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.