Do We Need Vista?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by L Bainbridge, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

]

i did see those and guess what i have that with windows xp IMO its called aATI hydra vison and i also have window blinds. i see no point in windows vista. nothing wrong with xp except all the secuirty holes but at least you can protect against em with the right apps not like windows mevista.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You can have transparent windows without 512MB graphic cards in various Linux distros and PCBSD without sweating much. They've been around for a couple of years.
    Mrk

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup and ive had it for ages with ati hydra vision without needed stupid vista.
    and ive only got a 128mb graphics card.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Iodore & Mrkvonic,
    Thanks for the info. I think I also have ATI Hydravision and this graphic card :
    Sapphire (PCI-E) X550 Advantage 256M DDR PCI-E VGA/TVO/DVI-I Heatsink 128bit 200Mhz
    Is that enough to have transparent windows in winXPproSP2 ?

Don't spend too much time on me, because I'm not really interested in gadgets.
    I'm not a gamer, I don't do graphics, so I didn't spent much money on my graphic card either.
    I work most of the time in a mainframe environment and these machines don't have much gadgets.

It's enough for me to see it ONE time and then I usually get rid of it.

5. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    Your card looks cool - but only you can tell if it's going to work.
    Mrk

6. ErikAlbert

Thanks Mrkvonic. There is at least a possible chance that it might work.
    If it doesn't work, I don't care at all. It isn't even on my wish-list. :)

7. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    Eric you can happily continue using XP. In 3-4 years, you will have learned Linux enough to switch confidently. Since you live testing, install VMware Player / Server and start playing with Linuxes.
    You'll love it.
    Mrk

8. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Microsoft just announced they are pushing Windows XP Service Pack 3 from 2007 until 2008! It was originally due in late 2006. I guess all the work has gone into Vista. At any rate, I don't see Vista as anything more than another patchwork "ME" until they are ready with Blackcomb/Vienna (2015?) which will have the new file system......well......so they say.

9. ErikAlbert

I guess Windows XP SP3 is plan B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.