Do I have a "bug"?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by SG1, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

After mystery PC ailment recently, and getting it fixed, I find a file re dial up connection had been renamed, a new backup had a DIR called "All Uqers" right above the legit DIR "All Users." And I saw at GRC's site that port 139 was open, but later shown to be "stealthed" as I use ZA firewall and test at GRC has hitherto always shown main ports to be in stealth mode.
    While I once had goofy problems before finding I had a bad RAM chip, I can't imagine that could remotely cause a file to be renamed or mystery DIR to appear in my backup. Anyone know what's up, with this? (Have run latest anti viral definition, and I have Spybot, and Spywareguard and Spyware Blaster. and I use ZA firewall; but, did I still catch something, somehow?
    Thanks, for info SG1/Pat

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi SG1,

Could you post your HijackThis log
    Download, Unzip and run HijackTHis, Then click Scan > Save log, save the log as a .txt file and copy & paste its content into your next post.
    Don´t fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is harmless.
    If you´re uncomfortable with posting your log feel free to IM or mail it to me.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

As for Tauscan; see my remark here.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.