DNSCrypt usage Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by edfu, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edfu

edfu Registered Member

I installed Dnscrypt in lubuntu using this thread and I'm trying to change the resolver but I'm confused, what do I edit to change the resolver?

I searched the Internet forever with no success, and I am looking for a straight answer, can someone please show me an example of the proper way to change my DNS resolver for DNSCrypt on lubuntu 14.04? one of the links said
    but what does add more parameters to the call mean? it doesn't say what to edit or how to edit? I put what is above in the terminal but added new server info and it says

[INFO] Initializing libsodium for optimal performance
    [INFO] Generating a new key pair
    [INFO] Done
    [ERROR] Unable to bind (UDP) [Address already in use]

& dnsmasq is disabled, sorry im confused? How do I add some more parameters to the call?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Alexandru

Alexandru Registered Member

No, nothing more needed.

Please look into "/etc/init/dnscrypt-proxy.conf ". Your used conf should be shown there or a link to conffile="/etc/default/dnscrypt-proxy"

In this file you can add the server you want. You can select one of them from this official supported dnscrypt list. https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv

I'm using Ubuntu as well and used this Script here to install dnscrypt with any manual intervention.

https://launchpad.net/~shnatsel/ archive/dnscrypt

To configure you have to add following paramter in the config file:

--resolver-address
    --provider-name
    --provider-key

In addition:

local-address=127.0.0.2:53

3. edfu

edfu Registered Member

Thank you for your help! problem solved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.