"DLL Initialization Failed" Error at Shutdown - LnS 2.06 on XP SP2

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by concerned807, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concerned807

concerned807 Registered Member

I am much impressed by LnS performance. However for the past few months, I keeping seeing the below error at XP shutdown although only occasionally.
    However it seems all rules application and internet have never got lost and LnS is working, I am quite concerned with some possible malfunction I am unable to identify personally.

Since the LnS "DLL Initialization Failed" error message disappears very fast at shutdown, I could only get information from XP event log.
    Please also refer to screenshot attached.

Thanks for advising!:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. concerned807

3. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi concerned807

Yes (me) :rolleyes:

Same problem here.

I guess Frédéric may have the answer (may be he's working on this).

4. concerned807

Nice to see you again, Climenole:)

Can the Frédéric confirm the error message does not indicate anything serious, and that he is working on the fix?

Thanks!

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi concerned807,

Unfortunately, I have no idea about this error, and I've never seen it before.
    When Look 'n' Stop is stopped, there is normally no DLL being loaded/started, so this is very strange.
    It looks like something is trying to start, and yes it is normal to get this error when windows is shutting down. The question is to know what is trying to start.

You could try the hive cleanup patch. This solves some issues linked to windows shutdown:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.