DISKDIRECTOR Help ASAP - can't boot!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by kmlevine, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmlevine

kmlevine Registered Member

Help please – PC won’t boot –stops at verifying DMI pool Data

Here’s my sad tale. I have three drives. The original C: boot drive is an IDE ATA connected to an independent controller. The new drive is a SATA connected to independent SATA controller. There are no HDD connected to the on board controllers.

I was in the process if cloning the new SATA HD (the new boot disk holding XP and all programs). The copying went fine. Then I used Disk Director to change the letters of the old C: drive to L: and the new drive to C:. I then had DiskDirector convert the old boot drive to a logical partition and the new boot drive to Primary partition.

Upon final reboot, the PC hung up and didn’t boot. It will boot with the diskdirector boot CD. The converted drives have unallocated space and under editing say Reserved Primary, but the command to make either drive primary is grayed out.

What should I do to 1) So I don't have to totally reinstall XP etc?
    What should I do to get the new SATA configured as the primary boot drive with proper MASTER BOOT RECORD?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ken,

Thank you for using Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

This problem is not simple. Please contact support@acronis.com and send us report.txt file (see below) with detailed description of the actions you did. Please also clarify what program you used in order to clone your ATA drive to the SATA one. Have you used Microsoft Sysprep tool before cloning?

Please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.