Disk to Disk to Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by user87, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user87

user87 Registered Member

[Acronis True Image 8.0]

Ideally, I'd like to copy a full image and subsequent incrementals of Disk0 to the Acronis Secure Zone on Disk1. The reasoning is that the secure zone will do the managing of older images/incrementals for me. I would like to copy the secure zone on Disk1 to USB-enabled Disk2 for off-site storage. How can I copy the secure zone (or the contents of the secure zone) to another HDD?

Sincerely,
    User87

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello User87,

It's a "secure" zone which means other Windows applications cannot access it. TI allows you mount and explore an image in the SZ or delete the SZ (along with any images) but not copy or move the SZ or images in it. I'm afraid what you wish to do is not possible.

You will need to recreate your images direct to the SZ on Disk1 and then image Disk1 (including the SZ/image of Disk0) direct to your external USB drive for off-site storage.

Be aware that there is a possibility of image file corruption (nothing to do with TI) associated with large file transfers over USB (see this <previous thread> for details). Therefore use the Check Image Wizard to verify the images immediately after their creation. Also, boot into rescue mode via the bootable rescue CD and ensure that TI correctly detects your external USB drive (and the image thereon).

Regards

3. user87

user87 Registered Member

Thank you for the quick response, Menorcaman.

Instead of using an external USB hard drive, what media would you recommend for off-site storage?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Provided your image on the USB hard drive checks out o.k. then that is the quickest, most reliable, medium to archive to.

However, as an alternative, you could archive onto DVD+/-RW using either of the two methods detailed in this <Acronis Online FAQ>. The indirect, two-step, method is usually the more reliable but burn the compilation at a fairly slow speed in order to reduce the risk of corrupt images.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.