Disk Geometry problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dpullem, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpullem

dpullem Registered Member

I use Partition Magic 7 to partition my hard drives. I recently
    repartitioned my two internal HDs. On disk one I have two partitions C&D.
    On disk two I have two partitions E&F. I then Installed Acronis True Image 8
    and setup a Secure Zone on partition F. I then decided to resize my
    partitions on disk 2. Partition Magic now shows disk two as Bad. Error message reads, "Disk geometry Errors were detected on this drive, 467780663 Error 106: Partition didn't begin on head boundary ucBeginSector expected to be 1, not 8". Partition Magic won't let me make any changes to disk two (resize, merge, delete).

Windows Explorer shows partitions E&F OK. I'm able to put files on the two
    partitions with no problem. The problem appeared after I created the Secure Zone in Acronis True Image. I uninstalled Acronis. Partition Magic still
    shows Disk two as Bad. I uninstalled/reinstalled Partition Magic, no
    change.

I want to resize the partitions on Disk two. Any ideas on how to correct
    the disk geometry problem so I can resize the partitions?

Don
    WindowsXP Home

2. dpullem

dpullem Registered Member

Re: Disk Geometry problem RESOLVED

I deleted partitions E and F using the Disk Management Utility. I was then able to repartition my Disk 2 using PM.

Don

3. uvi

uvi Guest

yea im pretty sure the secure zone is a totally unrecognizable partition format, meant to keep any program from tampering with it, kinda like you were trying to do. If you could manipulate it any way you wanted through PM, it wouldnt be all that "secure" would it? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.