Disk Director did the job

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by bakerw, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakerw

bakerw Registered Member

Most people who start a thread in the forum are only dealing with the problems they had with the program. The fact there were so many problems posted made me anxious about getting and using the program. However, after looking at the manuals for several of these types of programs--and after Tech Support said the program should do what I needed to do--I went ahead and tried it and it worked perfectly for me. So I thought I should provide a positive posting about the product.

I have a Sony Vaio computer that shipped with a 106GB HD partioned into about 13GB for the C drive and about 93GB for the D drive (to be used for video recording and editing). I had about filled up the C drive with only 1.4GB (11% remaining) space left and needed to install two large suites of programs that take up about 4GB. I had cleaned off all I could from the C drive, defragged, etc., but couldn't squeeze any more out.

So, after checking several programs, I decided to try Disk Director 10 Suite. With a lot of fear and trepidation I backed up the C drive and ran the program. The clear interface (one of the things that attracted me to the program over the competition) made it simple to drag the bars to adjust the re-allocation of space from the D drive to the C drive. The program worked perfectly and in a few minutes I had 38GB on the C drive and 68GB on the D drive. I had no problems with the re-partitioned C drive and got all the space I needed to install the suites and have room to grow.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

bakerw, welcome to Wilders.

Thank you for the positive feedback, it is appreciated, I too was like you, same sort of scenario, Disk Director worked like a charm.

Today I had a hard drive begin to fail on a laptop, pulled the drive out and slaved it off a desktop system, it locked up that machine, and a second machine. Placed the drive in a freezer for 30min, out and back to slaving. The drive wasn't seen, through Computer Management I was able to see the drive, however the partition was not to be seen. I used Disk Director to recover the lost partition, then True Image to take an image of the drive (37GB), then threw the image back on to a new laptop drive, and the system is working like a dream.

Way to go Acronis :thumb:

Cheers :D

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bakerw and Blackspear,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Thank you very much for your warm comments.

Our team worked hard to create a good and reliable software that works fine on many computers in the world.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. mbowling

mbowling Registered Member

I would like to add my compliments to the Acronis team. I use Disk Director and True Image and have never had a problem.

I recently used Disk Director to increase the size of my system partition (C) by 10GB. The repartitioning worked perfectly.

I also recently used True Image to clone my hard drive when I upgraded to a larger hard drive. This also worked perfectly.

And just in case of a disk failure I have a scheduled task in True Image to create a weekly disk image to a second hard drive.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.