Disk Director crashed when moving/resizing ext3 partition, files no longer availble

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Pedro_, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro_

Pedro_ Registered Member

Hi

Acronis Disk Director crashed and rebooted Windows, when I was moving/increasing the size of an ext3 partition back over a fat32 partition which I no longer needed. And when I restarted the program the partition was gone, there was just unused space.

I remember using another partition manager before, where it when it did crash, which happened a couple of times during the time I used it, it would leave the files in a recoverable state on a special type of partition, which could then be recovered with a special tool.

I wasn't able to find such a tool for Disk Director. So I called the 'recover' tool from the program and used it to recover the erased partition, it recovered it to its original size / location. But all I got when I went back to linux was the root directory of the partition with the folders marked with ?'s on their properties. Here's the output of ls -l :

Code:
    total 16
    ?--------- ? ?    ?        ?            ? Backups
    ?--------- ? ?    ?        ?            ? Shared
    drwx------ 2 root root 16384 May 14 20:24 lost+found

and I get this error when I try to cd into one of the folders:

Code:
    root@ubuntubox:/media/sda6# cd Backups
    bash: cd: Backups: Input/output error

I would really like to know if there is some procedure, or even a tool available from someone else that you can recommend, which can somehow be used to get at these files.

thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.