Disk Director - can it recover Partition C

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Marty Isozaki, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty Isozaki

Marty Isozaki Registered Member

I have a computer (Windows XP SP2) that will not boot from the hard disk. When I boot the computer with a Windows 98 boot floppy, the computer recognizes Drive A, but it does not recognize Drive C or any other drives. If possible, I am trying to recover a couple of files from Drive C.

Can I use Partition Recovery or any other Acronis product to make Drive C accessible again, while retaining the data on hard drive? If not, what product or program utility can I use to access Drive C again?

2. kite

kite Guest

what happened just before the machine refused to boot any further from drive c:?

3. saublebeach

saublebeach Registered Member

Re: Wish-list thread

Marty;

You can use Windows XP Recovery Console to run "fixmbr" to repair the master boot record.. use at your own risk!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Wish-list thread

Hello Marty,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com with the description of the situation and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman.

I need to have a look at your partition structure before I advise you anything.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.