disk director 9 - cannot copy partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by twocokes, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twocokes

twocokes Registered Member

ibm deathstar hdd failed, booted to recovery console using winxp cd. ran chkdsk to fix bad sectors. was then able to log onto windows but when trying to acces my data partitions thro win explorer, xp says 'Drive not formatted, would you like to format now?' (or words to that effect)

bought new hdd (1ry master) made the deathstar the 2ry slave.

bought Disk Director 9 for it's ability to 'copy partitions'. I am booting from the boot disk i created. Acronis correctly sees the partitions on the 2ry slave. new hdd has 20gb unallocated space. partition i want to copy is 5gb but only 3gb worth of data on it.

acronis complains saying 'you do not have enough space to copy the partition'

please help. :oops:

many thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello twocokes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Does Acronis Disk Director Suite see your new 20Gb disk? If so please make sure that this new disk is really unformatted (not just contains no data) and if it is please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This should be done under Windows. Also please don't forget to plug both your disks.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.