Disabling automatic updates while gaming?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Guovssohas, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guovssohas

Guovssohas Registered Member

How do i disable the automatic update while i play games, it causes framerate drops and sometimes loss of connection. Is there an easy way to do that?

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Nope not really.

There is a 'gaming setup' (see below) in the knowledge base which will minimize the impact on the system and remove unnecessary notifications from NOD32. However the frame drops are probably caused by the start-up scan which is triggered after the update. You can either disable this scan or edit this to only use CPU when it is idle. You can do this in Tools --> scheduler.

Loss of connection might be caused by the update itself (slow connection?) and will be hard to minimize unless you manually turn off automatic updates before you start a game. You can of course try the suggestions above and see if these will help.

How do I configure my ESET security product for gaming performance?

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Guovssohas,

Under Tools -> Scheduler you'll see that automatic updates are set to update every hour. You can Edit... that task to change the time interval to every # (however long you want it to check) or you can change it to be an Event triggered to update when you logon to the machine or when the computer starts up.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.