Dirfence between Bitdefender Internet Sec 2013 and Bullguard Internet Sec 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darts

darts Registered Member

What are the difference between Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Bullguard Internet Security 2013 because the both use the Bitdefender engine , i hope for some good answers.

Greats,

darts

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Bitdefender Internet Security uses their own Bitdefender Scanning engine and Program Interface

BullGuard Internet Security uses the Bitdefender Scanning Engine also but uses their own Interface + the Outpost Firewall (not sure which Firewall Bitdefender uses)

Think of it this way...

you have 2 v8 Engines, very identical...... you put one of the engines in the body of a BMW car, and the other you put in a Porsche, essentially, their power is very similar

I have used both and I can tell you one thing, stay away from BitDefender, if you must, get BullGuard (although I personally hadn't had good luck with their customer service, the program itself is light and effective)

Read my gripes about Bitdefender Internet Security here >>> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=333556

3. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The modules/plugins in Bitdefender are developed in-house whereas for Bullguard, the AV engine, firewall and Behaviour Blocker are all out-sourced.

Major differences include;

BitDefender has a specific Safepay/Sandboxed browser for online banking/shopping whereas there is no equivalent in BullGuard at present.
    Repair may be better in BitDefender; http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-7/mayjun-2012/

In contrast, IME, Bullguard is more stable and someone here referred to BullGuard "as BitDefender without the bugs".

IME again, BullGuard support is better and BGIS feels "lighter" than BDIS 2013.

5. Blackcat

Both can be obtained cheaply in retail boxes on ebay, where previous versions can be updated to the recent ones.

So overall there is not much difference between the two suites and your decision may simply come down to which one suits you and your computer(s).

My advice, trial each one and see which one you prefer.

6. Less

Less Registered Member

any difference in the pricing?

7. berryracer

BullGuard is much cheaper

8. berryracer

9. Blackcat

10. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Oh please,if you had some problems with BitDefender,doesn't mean this is a rule for the whole world.You have almost each week complains about some AVs.

11. berryracer

awww sorry if I hurt your feelings :'(

HAHA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.