Difference between "Drive Backup 10 Workstation" "Partition Manager 11 Professional"

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Forellenblau, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!
    I'm a new user of Partition Manager 11 Professional and am wondering about the difference between this program and "Drive Backup 10 Workstation".

On the Paragon-Site i didn't find a comparison table.
    I read both of the user manuals and saw that both of the programs can perform similar things.

It is clear to me that Partition Manager's first function is to manage partitions and Drive Backup's is to backup drives ;-)
    But they are overlapping with their functions.

2nd question: What about the support forum on Paragon's site? For days now they are "testing some functionality" and would be back soon... What is soon?

Thanks
    Forellenblau

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

Yes there is an overlap.

They both are capable of a variety of partitioning and backup tasks.
    The PM products contain more adavanced partitioning functions and include basic backup options.

The DB products have more advanced backup options, but also include basic partitioning.

Only you can decide which of the products provides the functions you need.

You might want to look at the Hard Disk Manager (HDM ) range - which combine both in one program.

3. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!

Thanks for your answer! Well i also bought Drive Image 10 Workstation yesterday to have all of the possibilities ;-)

I am switching from Acronis because the newest versions are really unusable and not reliable any more. I made this decision after about 10 years with Acronis because i have now a SSD in my Computer and the Workstation version of the Acronis program cannot handle this properly.

The only two things i miss in the paragon programs is:
    - automatic validation after backup
    - no possibility to mount an image in Win7 x64. I don't know an other program that cannot handle this (all Acronis backup programs, O&O DiskImage 5.5, DriveSnapshot from Tom Ehlert can do it).

So i hope to get these two functions in a later build or version.

Forellenblau

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

Yes the lack of mounting is odd.

It doesn't bother me paticularly as paragon provides several other easy ways to access image contents - volume explorer for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.