Did you install Windows 10 and eventually decide to rollback to an older version of Windows?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Rigz, Oct 24, 2015.

?

Did you install Windows 10 and eventually decide to rollback to an older version of Windows?

1. Yes, I downgraded to Windows 7.

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Yes, I downgraded to Windows 8.1.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I like Windows 10.

42 vote(s)
    62.7%
  4. I did not upgrade to 10, and will stick with Windows 7.

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  5. I did not upgrade to 10, and will stick with Windows 8.1.

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I tested Windows 10 and found it excellent except I had to pay for it as my machine was running Vista. I decided it was not worth spending money for an upgrade. On my Windows 8 machine it would be free, but I had such a nightmarish experience upgrading just to Windows 8.1 (it didn't work, and it ruined the partition table so I could not install any image. I had to pay $30 to Samsung service to re-install Windows eight), that I thought I'm not gonna risk it with Windows 10. Furthermore it is not possible to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 directly.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Actually it is possible. You can upgrade directly from Windows 8 if you use the Media Creation Tool.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks Roger, but Windows 8 is perfect on my Samsung Chronos series 7, the machine has been designed with this operating system in mind, and I prefer not risk another debacle like Windows 8.1. My next computer will have Windows 10 if I can help it...

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

It's possible, but what about activation?
    Is Windows activated with digital entitlement?

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Robin A. Yes, it will be actiavted. It's no different to upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1. The only difference is that with Windows 7 without SP1 installed, and Windows 8, is that you need to upgrade via the Media Creation Tool or an ISO of Windows 10 as you can't upgrade via Windows Update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.