Did SpywareBlaster 4/16 update put this on the root of C:\4f0a3950d129a36b17009b830bf

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Libra, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libra

Libra Registered Member

I noticed a folder on the root of C - 4f0a3950d129a36b17009b830bf252d in my Vista computer. It said it was created the same date I updated SpywareBlaster. The folder showed empty and I could not open it or delete it. I eventually went into safemode and deleted it from there. In safemode it showed to be an Application Extension and was 6.43MB.

I just noticed a similar folder on the root of C in one of my Win 7 64 bit computers.

When I update SpywareBlaster I use run as in the standard user accounts, but I never had a folder appear on the root of C before. Since the timing of the creation of the folder seems to coincide with when I updated SpywareBlaster, I'm wondering if there is a connection? Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

libra, i doubt that a spywarewareblaster update caused that folder to be created.. on rare occasions, i have seen folders like that created after having installed some microsoft updates, and after installing other programs.. the folders are used as temp-folders when programs are being installed but sometimes they are left behind rather than being removed, as they should have been..

so, that is what i think, that the folder was generated when installing a microsoft update, or when installing some other program, that it was a folder that was being used, temporarily, while a program was being installed, and that it should have been removed automatically, but wasn't..

i just delete them when i see them..

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As mentioned already that folder looks like MS update leftover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.