Dialer.scom (trojan?) = registry changes

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by billyboy25, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyboy25

billyboy25 Registered Member

Hi, I have gotten dialer.scom onto my comp. It has taken over registry keys. All programmes are defaulted to open/run from windows media player when clicked or using "open" command for some reason, which once the player is open, states cannot open file.
    I can access files by not clicking on the open tab, but clicking on the run as and removing the first ticked (security) box.

This applies to all files not media ones alone. Including spybot,Ad-Aware, sygate firewall, add/remove programmes etc etc. The dialer.scom changes have defaulted my AVG to turn off automatic email protection when started, I have to manually turn it on everytime the computer is turned on.

All of the Malware programmes do not delete it, Ad-Aware, Spybot, spybouncer etc etc.
    Ad-Aware finds the rougue keys in the registry, says it has deleted them but doesnt, on the next run they are still there.

I cannot system restore either as once the restore is set and the computer reboots, hey presto, window media player opens and whatever file it is trying to open cannot be, the system restore doesnt take place.

In start up, can I delete or turn off most things in the msconfig start up list? Would that stop the windows media player opening if there are no programmes to start up?
    Now I have written that it sounds like it couldnt work!

Any registry fixes out there I should try? or other ways to rid the dialer and registry changes? I am not very computer literate and really want to avoid anything to risy if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.