Developers Scramble to Build NSA-Proof Email

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lotuseclat79, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I like the already existing local PGP encryption and BitMessage models better. I just hope software companies or individual programmers keep expanding on those and provide more convenience for using them. e.g. proper PGP plugin for MS Outlook since so many people use that, and improved PGP solutions of mobile devices.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That's arguably impossible.

Edit: Just to be clear, my point is that nothing in Windows (or OS X) can be considered secure, which is a major component of "proper".

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  4. Oddo

Oddo Registered Member

Just one remark: A few weeks ago I switched from PGP to GPG4o. It was the only comfortable Outlook plugin I have found after a long search. The company is based in Germany (http://www.giepa.de/produkte/gpg4o/?lang=en). It is not as smooth as EnigMail for Thunderbird, but it has all the features I need.

5. audia4

audia4 Registered Member

Hi Oddo - thanks for sharing this.

Sounds interesting. I will have a look.

That seems quite important these days....

May I ask what makes EnigMail smoother?

Thanks
    -- Mark

6. Oddo

Oddo Registered Member

Hello Mark,

it always takes a few moments until certain operations are being carried out (e.g. switching the encryption status by pressing on the correspondent button, preparing the mail for the encryption itself, etc.) and the query process of public key servers could be more comfortable. But none of this is a real drawback. I like the software.

7. audia4

audia4 Registered Member

Hi Oddo,

great insider's tip this gpg4o. While buying myself a license I had been in contact with their support: fast, competent, friendly.

During this contact I also asked for the future and they told me, that they are working among other features on performance improvements and a complete new key management.

Conclusion: not cheep but worth every cent.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.