Detection overrides not working & no response from support

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Wrathwielder, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrathwielder

Wrathwielder Registered Member

Hi all!

I'm been waiting for a week for a response for 2 different problems, so I've decided to try in the forums and see if any help can be found :)

1) I have an override set up for a file. Every Sunday during the scheduled (Prevx 3) scan it promptly says I'm infected with the exact file I have the override set up for. Why does it insist on ignoring my override?
    (see attached pic of the override & the scan results)

Granted it's a long pathname, but that shouldn't make a difference...?

2) Also, why is there no way to specify what files to scan during scheduled runs? I see no place to tell it to scan ONLY my C: drive - which would also take care of my problem since the file it insists is bad in not even on my system.
    You can do a MANUAL scan where you want, but the auto one seems to just scan everything...

Thanks much!

-Greg

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I suspect there may be a problem with handling network paths in detection overrides. Could you try adding an override for the networked name and the mapped network drive name?

However, I believe we've corrected the determination of the file so it should now no longer be detected anyway :)

Let me know if the problem persists!

Also, to address your second question - the scheduled scan looks for files/programs which have been accessed recently so I suspect this file has been seen on your PC, which will trigger it to be rescanned. We currently do not open the configuration to the level of granularity to configure what can be scanned in the scheduled scan.

3. Wrathwielder

Wrathwielder Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response! I guess I'll report problems this way next time to save me some time :)

Anyways, I tried to add an override for the same file but using the mapped drive letter (I:)
    Even though it allowed me to specify the file, it didn't do anything. When it was done I still had only the same network name override listed.

I assumed this was because it realized that I:\INSTALL was the same as \\PICK\PICK_C\INSTALL, but I just now deleted the \\PICK entry and it STILL didn't allow me to add the mapped reference... :(

It doesn't seem to treat mapped drive letters like local drive letters...

Any other ideas? Is this something that can be fixed? It should be easy enough to duplicate :)

-Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.