Detected DNS Cache Poisoning Attack?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by NetOperator Wibby, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetOperator Wibby

NetOperator Wibby Registered Member

Hi everyone!

I just installed the new beta for ESET's Smart Security and I keep getting a message that my Belkin router is poisoning my DNS cache. How does that happen and what can I do to fix it?

Also, I am unable to modify my Threatsense engine parameters under "Web access protection". The button is grayed out, but I can access everything else.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can circumvent this by adding the router's IP address to the list of addresses excluded from active protection (IDS) in the zone setup.

Does restarting the computer help?

3. NetOperator Wibby

NetOperator Wibby Registered Member

Restarting my computer doesn't help at all. Also, when I tried to add my router to the exclusion list, I kept getting an error saying that I must obtain permission (I am the admin of my own computer as well).

Do I need to make myself the owner of some folders, instead of the system?

EDIT: I completely uninstalled ESS by going into safe mode and running the ESET Uninstaller and then I reinstalled the program. For some reason though, I am getting a message saying that my license expired in 1969. My firewall works again! I'll have to see if I keep getting the cache poisoning message.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.