Desktop Wont Detect TV Monitor through HDMI

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Aaron68, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron68

Aaron68 Registered Member

Dell Optiplex 755
    AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series GFX (I can post exact specs to exact card if I need to but its more then capable)

I'm having some major problems getting my computer to detect my TV. I had it hooked up HDMI to HDMI through my 47" Sony about a week ago, but that is my family TV and didn't want to take it up so I bought me this 15". I have searched the internet on fixes, and have tried just about all of them. From changing resolution and restarting, to unplugging my main display which is hooked up through DVI because my Graphics card does not support VGA, so VGA hookup is out of the question, but I unhooked my DVI and only used my HDMI, and nothing ever came up. My GFX card is an AMD Radeon HD 7700. Everything that can be updated has been, and as of now I am lost as to what to do next. I really need this other monitor so any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I need to give any more information, just ask and I will be sure to leave it.

The thing I don't understand is with the 47" TV plugged in through the HDMI port, it detected it right away and I used it just as soon as I plugged it in. but with this Polaroid, when I plugged it in, nothing happened. Iv never seen anything on the Polaroid other then the "No Signal" screen, and I have switched from every input method I can choose from, and tried to detect. Once that didn't work, I even went through them all and rebooted my computer on each one to see if it would detect. Once that didn't help, I made sure I went through a couple of different resolutions I knew the TV was compatible with and done the whole reboot to hope it would detect, but to no avail. Im running out of things to do here guys, and seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated.

And just to clarify, I hooked this TV up to my Xbox 360, as well as my Cable box through HDMI with the same HDMI cable I am using for my PC and both worked. So I know the cable is good, and the HDMI port on the TV is good as well.

Sorry for the long post. I have posted on another forum and got no reply's so, I just pretty much pasted from that place to here. I hope you all can help. This other monitor will be used mainly for Twitch.tv for monitoring my chat and stats and what not. So its somewhat important that I get this going asap. Thanks a lot!

2. Aaron68

Aaron68 Registered Member

So I hate to double post here, and I am assuming I am posting in the right spot because I found another poster who had posted similar issues and just made a new topic.
    Considering I'v had many views but no replies leads me to think I am just stuck.
    Anything you all can think of that I have not mentioned I have done already will help. Alt+Tabbing out of games to interact with my viewers, or check my settings in OBS really sucks, so this 2nd monitor is really needed.
    o_O o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.