desktop icons no longer work correctly

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by desmond, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desmond

desmond Registered Member

i upgraded to 3.1 and now i cant get my ie desktop icons to behave..when i click a shortcut to a web page nothing happens until i hit my ie quicklaunch-when ie is already running i can use my desktop shortcuts-when i uninstalled 3.1 the problem went away-can i obtain a copy of 2.6 or maybe 3.0 to troubleshoot it?
    any help is appreciated
    thenks

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Did you use the "Disable All Protection" option in SpywareBlaster before uninstalling? If you didn't the protection still remained, and thus SpywareBlaster probably wasn't the cause.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. desmond

it seems to me that regardless of how i uninstalled the app, the fact that the shortcuts work now that i`ve uninstalled the app, tells me that the app WAS the problem...no?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If you didn't Disable All Protection in SpywareBlaster before uninstalling it, the protection still remains on your system - if the problem is now fixed, SpywareBlaster's protection is not at fault.

The application itself doesn't run in the background, so the only thing that could potentially cause the problem is SpywareBlaster's protection (but I should add that the way it protects shouldn't be able to cause that type of problem). It's certainly possible that a recent Windows update may have fixed the issue - did you do anything else other than uninstall SpywareBlaster?

If the problem is now fixed but you did not Disable All Protection in SB, I would kindly request that you try reinstalling SpywareBlaster to see if the problem returns. If it does, something very odd is going on and I'd like to help troubleshoot what the cause is. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. desmond

i just reinstalled 3.1 and the problem is back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.